Former Prince Andrew Arrested on Shocking Misconduct Allegation as Epstein Files Spark Explosive Investigation

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The arrest follows renewed attention on his past connection to Jeffrey Epstein after new documents were released in the United States. Those documents appear to suggest that Andrew may have shared sensitive government information with Epstein, who was a convicted sex offender.
Police officers in plain clothes were seen outside Sandringham Estate in Norfolk on Thursday, the same day as Andrew’s birthday. He has been living there in recent years after stepping back from royal duties.
Thames Valley Police confirmed that they arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk as part of an investigation into alleged misconduct in public office. Officers are also carrying out searches at properties in Berkshire and Norfolk. The man remains in police custody.
Police have not officially named the person arrested, following national guidelines. They also reminded the public and media to be careful about what they publish, as the case is now active and subject to legal restrictions.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the investigation was opened after a detailed review of the allegations. He explained that police must have reasonable grounds to suspect that an offence may have taken place before making an arrest. He added that the investigation must remain fair and unbiased, and updates will be provided when appropriate.
The allegations are linked to emails released by the U.S. Department of Justice. These emails appear to show Andrew forwarding official government reports to Jeffrey Epstein. Some of the documents were related to trade visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. In one case, Andrew reportedly forwarded a report just minutes after receiving it from his adviser.
Another email from December 2010 appears to show Andrew sharing a confidential briefing about investment opportunities in Afghanistan with Epstein. At that time, Epstein had already been convicted in 2008 for offences involving underage girls.
An anti-monarchy campaign group said it had reported the allegations to police, arguing that they raised serious concerns. Critics have questioned whether sharing sensitive government information with someone like Epstein could amount to misconduct.
Andrew has previously denied any wrongdoing. In earlier interviews, he said he had cut off contact with Epstein in December 2010. However, later released emails suggested there may have been communication after that date.
Now that an arrest has been made, the case becomes legally sensitive. Under UK law, when a case is active, there are strict rules about what can be said publicly to avoid affecting a potential trial. Police have said they will not hold press conferences or give further interviews at this stage.



