Politics

House Republican gives Trump ‘bad news’ and vows to Scattered His Plan With This Shocking Moves

Republican Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick strongly pushed back against President Donald Trump’s controversial $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded “Anti-Weaponization Fund,” warning that lawmakers are already preparing ways to block it before it moves forward.

Speaking during an interview on Capitol Hill with MeidasTouch correspondent Scott MacFarlane, Fitzpatrick made it clear that many lawmakers are not comfortable with the proposal and believe it could face serious legal and political challenges in Congress.

“Bad news. We’re gonna try to kill it,” Fitzpatrick said bluntly when asked about the fund.

The fund was announced earlier this week by Trump’s Department of Justice as part of a settlement connected to Trump’s massive $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS over the leaking of his tax returns. Critics argue the fund could be used to compensate Trump allies and supporters who claim they were unfairly targeted during investigations under the Biden administration.

The proposal has already caused outrage among both Democrats and some Republicans, especially because of concerns that people connected to the January 6 Capitol riot could potentially benefit from taxpayer money.

Fitzpatrick revealed that congressional leaders are already discussing possible legislative action to stop the program. According to him, lawmakers are considering several options, including sending a formal letter to Attorney General Todd Blanche while also exploring legal and legislative ways to block the fund entirely.

He explained that lawmakers are carefully reviewing what powers Congress may have to challenge or shut down the proposal before it becomes fully operational.

The Pennsylvania Republican also criticized Trump’s recent comments suggesting some Americans could become exempt from IRS audits under his administration. Fitzpatrick dismissed the idea immediately, saying no president has the authority to simply remove people from being audited by the tax agency.

“You can’t do that,” he said firmly, pushing back against Trump’s remarks.

The growing backlash shows that concerns over the proposed fund are spreading beyond Democrats and into parts of the Republican Party itself. Some conservatives fear the proposal could create the impression that taxpayer money is being used for political favoritism rather than legitimate government purposes.

Critics also argue that compensating people tied to controversial investigations or criminal cases could seriously damage public trust in both the justice system and federal institutions. Others warn the issue could become a major political fight in Washington as lawmakers debate whether public money should ever be used in connection with politically charged investigations.

Leave a Response

Powib Reporter
Powib Reporter is a political news author who focuses on reporting and analyzing United States politics. The author covers major political developments across America, including presidential activities, congressional decisions, election campaigns, public policy debates, and political controversies that shape the national conversation.